Manufacturer warranties and state building codes require 5 basic steps for every roofing system in Michigan. Our Residential Roofing Systems follow these guidelines:
- Ice & Water shield
- Roof deck protection (felt paper)
- Quality shingles
- Effective attic ventilation
- Proper flashing
Products used for flat roofs are: Two-ply rubber rolled roofing, EPDM and Dec Tec
All roofs are made up of a few basic components, as shown in the following diagrams:
Below are some warning signs and indications that you may need a new roof:
- Caused by improper fastening.
- Caused by exposure to high winds.
- Caused by aging.
Buckling and Curling
- Caused by improperly applied felt.
- Caused by movement in the deck.
- Caused by under-saturation of asphalt felt.
- Caused by application over wet deck.
- Caused by moisture in shingle.
- Caused by inadequate ventilation.
- Caused by growth of airborne fungi or algae deposited on roof.
- Appearance problem that does not affect the service life of the roofing material.
- Occurs most often in warm, humid climates such as the southeast (where fungus resistant shingles are available).
Contact us today at (248) 398-1050 or click here for a free roofing or siding estimate.
There was an issue loading your timed LeadBox™. Please check plugin settings.
There was an issue loading your exit LeadBox™. Please check plugin settings.